The Ladies Auxiliary to the Maryland State Firemen's Association
A Message from our President
Welcome to the Ladies Auxiliary to the Maryland State Firemen's Association Web Site! I hope you find the information educational and helpful.
It is my honor to serve as President of this association. I will do my best to perform my duties and to represent the members. My most sincere thanks to everyone for their continued support and confidence in my ability. I look forward to my travels across our great state and to making new friends along the way.
There is a great group of officers behind me to whom I look forward to working and traveling with this year. I would like to congratulate LAMSFA Past President Darby Byrd and MSFA Past President Johnie Roth, Jr., for a successful 2015 – 2016 year.
I look forward to working together with MSFA President Michael Davis and the MSFA membership. I am sure we will have a very productive year.
Barbara Sue Nelson
President 2016- 2017
Future Convention Dates:
June 17-23, 2017
June 16-22, 2018
LAMSFA Raffles 2016 ~ 2017
Lottery: April: 3 Drawings @ $50 each & June: 4 Drawings @ 1-$200, 1-$150 & 2-$50 each.
Handcrafted Wooden Pick-up Truck - Donated by Allen Steele
LAMSFA Blanket Raffle
Sale of Susan Pins - $5 each
FALL CONFERNCE: The theme is Christmas: ornaments, decorations or anything you’d like to win!
SPRING CONFERNCE: Nautical or Light Houses. Anything featuring a Light House or Nautical theme.
JUNE CONVENTION: $25 Gift Cards w/Receipt is requested.
SPRING CONFERENCE: Anything Black-eyed Susan or Sunflower
CONVENTION: $25 Gift Card
50/50 held and drawn at each meeting
SPECIAL RAFFLE: Fire Department Patch Quilt
This year’s contest will be a Safety Post-It-Note.
The rules are as follows:
- Must be a SAFETY MESSAGE.
- Must NOT contain a FIRE PREVENTION message. This is the SAFETY COMMITTEE.
- Measurements for the Post-It-Note are 3” wide x 5". An actual post-it-note can be used, an index card or paper cut to size.
- Message will be on one (1) side only.
- Include your name and/or auxiliary name with a complete mailing address on the reverse side of each entry.
- Only one (1) entry per individual and only one (1) per auxiliary shall be allowed.
- This contest is open to all LAMSFA auxiliaries members as well as members of the same auxiliaries.
- An independent panel of judges shall perform the judging.
- Judging will be based upon the Safety Message, originality and overall appearance of the entery submitted.
- All rules will be followed or disqualification will result.
- The decisions of the judge(s) are final.
- Winners will be announced at the 2017 Convention.
Safety Committee Raffles:
Spring Conference: Easter Baskets.
Convention: Gift Cards.
Barbara Sue Nelson, 7th District Aux
Capitol Hghts Aux
Sr. Vice Pres.
Sandy Spring Aux
Jr. Vice Pres.
Kristi Grinder, Brranchville
Bowling Green Aux
Jean Main, Woodsboro Aux
Jennifer King, Forestville Aux
Bessie Marshall Co-Chair
Marti Neal, Kentland Aux Bessie Marshall Co-Chair
Millie Huseman, 7th District Aux Conference Co-Chair
Bonnie Quade, 7th District Conference Co-Chair