128th Convention and Conference Instructor Proposals Due November 15
The Maryland State Firemen’s Association is announcing an official call of proposals for the 2020 MSFA Ocean City Convention and Conference. The Convention will be held from June 20 – June 26, 2020 at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, Maryland. Class dates are Sunday June 21st, Monday June 22nd, and Tuesday June 23rd.
Seminar proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Seminars should focus on state or federal policy or issues and have a positive impact on Maryland’s fire and emergency services. Seminars intended solely to promote for-profit programs or activities that specifically benefit an individual or organization will not be considered.
- Seminars should be either 1.5 hours, 2 hours, or 4 hours in length. The only exceptions are PDI instructors, the EMT Skills class and certain HOT training provided by the OC FOOLS.
- Proposals should be submitted to the Maryland State Firemen’s Association NO LATER than November 15th, 2019.
Proposals should include the following information:
- Seminar title
- Seminar description and objectives (minimum 200-word narrative)
- Name, bio, and photo of instructor
- A primary point of contact for the submission including email and phone number
All proposals will be reviewed by the MSFA Convention Education sub-committee. Incomplete proposals will not be considered. Instructors chosen to present must agree to work with the MSFA Convention Education sub-committee to promote the education of the Convention and produce presentation materials by March 1, 2020 for review. The MSFA reserves the right to make changes to seminar schedules and provide feedback on content.