JOB POSTING – RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION COORDINATOR ADMINISTRATOR – Chestnut Ridge Volunteer Fire Company
RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION COORDINATOR/ADMINISTRATOR
Job Title: Membership Recruitment and Retention Coordinator/Administrator
Location: Chestnut Ridge Volunteer Fire Company
12020 Greenspring Avenue
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Salary: $50,000.00/year – Negotiated + Benefit Package
Hours: 40 hours per week (Days of week and Times will vary)
Reports to: CRVFC President or his/her designee
Date Created: 11/16/2020
Application Period: 11/16/2020 – 12/25/2020
This is a full-time position for a Recruitment and Retention Coordinator and Administrator (RRCA)
who will report to the station President or his/her designee. The RRCA will work with the various
groups associated with the Volunteer Fire Service to implement and administer a marketing program
to identify and recruit new members. They will assist the membership committee with all duties to
implement procedures for recruitment, retention, and membership procedures in accordance with
the company Constitution, Bylaws, and SOP’s. The overall goal is to attract and retain qualified
Volunteers to the Chestnut Ridge Volunteer Fire Company by marketing, creating, and implementing
procedure, and developing community relationships. This position will also serve as a Volunteer
Administrator to work with the officers of the company. They will ensure compliance with training,
physicals, gear, equipment, etc. and will participate in meetings with the Board and Company on a
regular basis. All other duties assigned.
Education and Training Experience
1. Associates or bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Public Relations, Marketing,
Communications, Fire Science and/or Fire Administration, or other related discipline from an
accredited college or university. Equivalent work experience may be considered as approved
by the Board of Directors.
2. (2) Two years of experience working as a program manager
3. Preferred experience in and/or with volunteer recruitment and retention programs or a grant
4. Affiliation with a Volunteer Fire Service
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of basic Fire Service, Emergency Medical Service, and Operational procedures and
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and other industry standard software.
3. Ability to demonstrate high levels of ethical conduct, problem solving skills, and strategic
4. Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills.
5. Ability to work well under pressure of deadlines and changing priorities.
6. Ability to develop strong working relationships and be a part of a team.
7. Time Management Skills, Independent Working Ability and, Multitasking.
Please forward resumes to the Safer Grant manager at HR@crvfc.org no later than December 25,