The Jane Todd Award will be awarded to the “Firewoman of the Year” each year at the Annual Convention of the Ladies Auxiliary of the Maryland State Firemen’s Association. This award recognizes outstanding involvement in fire prevention within the awardees community and company.
Submission Deadline: April 18
1. The nominee must be a member of an auxiliary in the LAMSFA.
2. Any auxiliary in the LAMSFA may submit the name of a nominee for this award.
3. The nomination must be submitted on an individual basis only, and on official auxiliary/company letterhead stationery.
4. The entry must cover activities performed by the nominee from January to December. The nominee must have participated in fire prevention activities year round. A letter of nomination and detailed information of activities performed by the individual must be dated and sources indicated. Photos and newspaper clippings, etc; are welcomed.
5. The nomination letter and activities should be submitted to the Chairperson of the LAMSFA Fire Prevention Committee no later than Spring Conference (April 18, 2020).
6. Outstanding citizenship: i.e. activities by a member to better her company and community at large.
7. Exemplary achievements: i.e. lecturing at schools, clubs, etc; setting up fire prevention programs for other community organizations to use.
8. The Fire Prevention Committee shall select three (3) judges who are not involved in LAMSFA or MSFA activities. They shall be persons who do not know the nominees.
9. Nominees are subject to investigation by this committee
10. The winner of the Silver Spring Award cannot win the Jane Todd Award in the same calendar year.
11. In keeping with Jane Todd’s wishes, the Todd Family has requested (Year 2004) that in addition to a Silver Spring winner, there shall be an additional person recognized for their fire prevention efforts.
12. Nominations, containing full name and auxiliary name, shall be submitted to:
Michelle Williamson, Co-Chair
LAMSFA Fire Prevention Committee
3655 Old Level Road
Havre de Grace, MD 21078