PURPOSE OF AWARD
Recognition of distinguished Service to the Ladies Auxiliary of the Maryland State Firemen’s Association.
Ladies Auxiliary of the Maryland State Firemen’s Association
AWARD ADMINISTERED BY
Ladies Auxiliary of the Maryland State Firemen’s Association Hall of Fame Committee
The Hall of Fame Award was established in 2001 by President Nora Ryan to recognize the distinguished service of individuals to the Ladies Auxiliary of the Maryland State Firemen’s Association.
- The Committee Will be authorized to select 12 inductees the first year and 5 each year after the first year. The inductees can be either living or deceased. Because of the many years of service that is required to obtain the office of President of the LAMSFA and the outstanding dedication of time and effort, the first year all Past President’s shall be placed in the Hall of Fame leaving the 12 positions open to the persons who have not served as President but have had outstanding distinguished Service to the Association. Upon completion of the President’s term of office they shall automatically be placed in the Hall of Fame.
- Names of individuals for nomination may be submitted by the nominee’s home auxiliary, any individual in good standing in any auxiliary or any individual member(s) of the Hall of Fame Committee.
- Nominees must have a minimum of ten (10) years of service to the LAMSFA
- Nominations will be limited to members of auxiliaries who are members of the LAMSFA
- Nomination shall be based upon distinguished service to the LAMSFA Service to the local or County Auxiliary may be considered as supporting service but award will be based upon service to the LAMSFA
- All nominations in letter form must be submitted to the Hall of Fame Committee Chairperson by May 1st of each year. Nomination letters shall not be carried over from year to year. Until selected, a letter of nomination must be submitted each year.
- Selection of nominees to the LAMSFA Hall of Fame will be made annually by the Members of the Hall of Fame Committee.
- All individuals selected to the LAMSFA Hall of Fame will receive two (2) certificates (one for the individual and one for the auxiliary) and a pocket card.
- The names of the individuals selected to the Hall of Fame and the rules shall be published in the annual proceedings book of the LAMSFA along with the year the selection was made.
Please mail nomination letters to:
4802 Mellwood Road
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772